We pulled out the broken, smelly dishwasher and found this doozey. It leaked. Gross!:
I painted the baby's room. Just have a little section to finish but here's our process:
|This is the bedroom before. It took me 8 hours to peel and scrape that damn border off!|
We bought Behr One (paint and primer in one) on the clearance rack at Home Depot. It was a dark gray (pictured below) so I added lots of white to a little gray and ended up with the exact color that I had in mind! (Thanks many years of color theory and art classes).
|Original paint color. We just wanted to see it on the wall before hand.|
|Mixed color. It's a light "elephant gray". We named our own color.|
|Done! We also got rid of the ugly yellow shades in the light fixture and got pretty clear glass ones but were moving it to the hallway in front of the half bath.|
|Just need to finish one section and rip out carpet.|
|Master BR before with carpet removed. Ugly stencil border.|
|During w/ Warm Gray Flannel paint.|
|Done! My not-so-excellent picture taking skills added some non existent dots in the picture. Sorry!|
|a wall! Just need to sand it and paint.|
I also painted the back hallway, Josh ripped out the carpet in the basement family room and I'm sure there's more I'm forgetting to mention. Next I'll be ripping off the carpet on the stairs and maybe ripping up the tile "path". Ok, the baby is going crazy so that's all.